El Zonte, is a right hand pointbreak breaking over sand and rock bottom.
The long right point is fairly consistant. With the right conditions there are two lefthand peaks out north a bit from the river mouth. In El Salvador, a left is quite hard to come by.
El Zonte is more secluded than near by breaks so crowds are rarely a problem.The locals like Teco run the lineup. Sometimes groms on sponges can get in the way, but it's relatively empty.
Beware of water quality, as the point is right off a river mouth and can get gross post-rain.
The best times to visit are winter and summer.
Also, go to Horizonte Surf Camp, the last hotel on the left at the end of the road. It's owned by Panamanians Carol and Saboro. They've got a great poolside big screen to watch games or movies and they sell bottles of beer for $1 each. It's the ideal hangout in between sessions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades